Losing weight is about emotions.
The obstacle blocking you from having a healthy body is your emotions. Your pains, doubts, fears, embarassment, shame, low confidence, poor self-image, loneliness, boredom, worries, stress, and your emotional relationship with food.
Being obese is not a direct product of genetics, and it is rarely due to a biological disorder. Also, losing weight is not about killing yourself at the gym, starving, or finding a miracle cure. If it were, you would be thin by now.
weight is about overcoming your emotional issues, and finding
a balanced lifestyle that works for you.
The Thrive Weight Loss program is unlike any other
- You will end your unhealthy relationship with food
- There are no gimmicks, no crash diets, no promises that it will always be easy
- You have a professional team dedicated to your personal success
- You don’t enter this program, this program enters your life
- You will lose weight, and be prepared to keep it off
In the Past
You’ve probably lost weight before. Maybe you’ve lost 25, 50, or 75 pounds on your own, perhaps using one of the hundreds of diets that have been sold over the last 10 years. Have you:
- Been on strict fasts?
- Exercised excessively, or compulsively?
- Cut out all the fat, all the carbs, or all the calories from your diet?
- Starved yourself?
"Why?" you ask yourself, after all the pain and the suffering, does the weight come back—usually with extra pounds?
If you want to lose weight once and for all, and be free of your life-long battle with food, you’re in exactly the right place. We’ll help you regain control of your body, and your life.
will losing weight change your life?
A Thrive Professional is waiting to talk with you. If you’re ready now, call us at 617-395-5806.
Cost and Guarantee
Costs vary depending on duration of treatment. And generally cost no more than cusomary rates for counseling or psychotherapy.
Note: We provide professional service both in person at our Cambridge, MA office, and by Telephone.
However, we do much more than just emotional therapy, we actively participate in setting you up with an entire team to take you from the point that you are at right now, to a thinner, healthier, happier you.
This program is about changing, and possibly saving your life.
There are other reasons this program is so valuable.
1) You are helped every step of the way. You are in personal, one-on-one, contact with a Ph.D. therapist daily. You are not doing this alone. Someone is there to help you through the difficult and painful times. And someone is there to share in your victories!
2) When we say you have a team dedicated you your success, we mean it. We will build a team that includes your medical doctor (if you do not have one, we will help you to find one), an expert nutritionist to design a personalized nutrition plan, a personal chef who prepares your meals, a certified fitness professional who guides your exercise regimen, and a Ph.D. therapist who will be there to encourage you and help you overcome your emotional issues with food.
3) This program immerses itself into your life. Therefore, you learn how to make healthy changes in your home environment, within your life-context. This is a benefit you cannot receive from traditional therapy, from a workshop, or even from an in-patient weight loss clinic.
4) This is not a crash diet. A healthy rate in which to lose weight is 2 pounds a week, and that is our aim. We might be helping you for the next 3 months, 6 months, or year.
you ready to begin changing your life? Lets talk.
A Thrive professional is available today to speak with you. Call us at 617-395-5806
brief message from Dr. Anthony Centore
My name is Anthony Centore (Ph.D., Professional Counseling), and I am part of the personalized team that is going to help you lose weight. You and I are going to be seeing a lot of each other over the next several months, and I’m looking forward to working with you.
I want you to know a few things before we get started.
First, I want you to know that you’re not alone when it comes to your weight problem. One in three Americans is obese, and many more are on the verge of obesity.
Being overweight isn’t just an “image problem,” it is a serious medical issue. Excess weight leads to an increased risk of heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure, diabetes, osteoarthritis (that’s degenerative arthritis) of the knees / hips / lower back, sleep apnea, gallstones, and even some forms of cancer.
Shedding your extra pounds can reduce these risks and literally save your life.
Those are some of the physical issues, but what about the emotional and social issues?
Like many persons who battle with their weight, you probably think about the problem every day of your life. You are reminded of your physical limitations with nearly everything you do. Some people go as far as to say that their body feels like a prison. Is this true for you?
Maybe you’ve wanted to change for many years, but you have found yourself unable to control your eating consistently. Like many persons who struggle in this way, you might be feeling shame, guilt and regret. We’re going to change this.
It is unfortunate that in our culture, your weight problem can have a social impact on your career, your friendships, and even your closest personal relationships. Some of this is external—meaning it comes from others, and much of it is internal—meaning it comes from you.
You might feel that there are certain things you have to do, or cannot do, because of your weight. I have encountered both women and men who feel that they need to be “jolly” or “the funny one” because they are heavy. Others have felt the opposite—that they are not attractive enough to be social of outgoing; so they withdraw from others, and become starved for meaningful relationships. We’re going to change this too.
Your story might be similar to what I am describing, and it might be very different. Whatever your personal story is, one thing is true. You are on this website right now because the effects of your body, and on your life, have been severe.
you don’t want to live another day without experiencing a
change, let’s talk.
Call us at 617395-5806 and talk to me, Dr. Anthony Centore.
50 million Americans will go on a least one diet this year.
Here are some diets they will try (and you might have tried already):
The South Beach Diet
The Atkins Diet
The Alkeline Diet
The Blood Type Diet
The Cambridge Diet
The Detox Diet
The Hallelehiua Diet
The High Fiber Diet
The Zone Diet
The Very Low Calorie Diet
Many diets make big promises and deliver marginal results. Some tell you it will be easy to lose weight. Others go a step further and state "Eat All You Want and Still Lose Weight!" or "Melt Fat Away While You Sleep!"1 All of these claims are (of course) false.
Have your heard these dieting product buzz words? When you hear/read these words, run.
* new discovery
Did you know that the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and a number of state Attorney Generals have brought cases against marketers of pills claiming to absorb or burn fat. Also, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has banned 111 ingredients once found in over-the-counter diet products.
of the following products.
Diet patches: Have not been proven to be safe or effective. The FDA has seized millions of these products from manufacturers and promoters.
Fat blockers: Claim to absorb fat and interfere with the fat a person eats. Some may absorb liquid and swell in the stomach, thereby reducing hunger. Others, such as guar gum, can cause obstructions in the intestines, stomach, or esophagus.Thrive Weight Loss, at ThriveBoston.com
Starch blockers: Claim to impede starch digestion. Not only is the claim unproven, users have experienced nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and stomach pains.
"Magnet" diet pills: These are claimed to "flush fat out of the body." The FTC has brought legal action against several marketers of these pills.
Glucomannan: Advertised as the "Weight Loss Secret That's Been in the Orient for Over 500 Years." There is little evidence supporting effectiveness.
A species of algae, this has not been proven effective for losing
Been there, done that?
Maybe you have tried some of these products; they haven’t helped, and now you’re even more discouraged. Like many people who have struggled with losing weight, you might feel that nothing will work.
Something will work.
In contrast to the dieting hype, Thrive Weight Loss takes an effective and sensible approach to fitness.
The Thrive Weight Loss program is based on the truth that one’s problem controlling their weight is (at its core) an emotional issue. We focus on emotional health, and help you to incorporate a sensible diet and exercise into your life.
Here are just a few specific activities that are part of your program. We will help you:
- Indentify instances when you are compulsively eating, and help you change your emotional relationship with food. For instance, most people eat when they are not even hungry. There are reasons for this we will talk about
- Change your home environment by removing unhealthy foods from your living space. Together we will throw out the phone number to the local Chinese restaurant, and fill your house with good tasting, healthy alternatives. Note, there are no forbidden foods in the Thrive Weight Loss program, but there might be some foods you will want to eat less often.
- Make important health-related changes to your daily routine. These might even be small changes that will have a big impact. You will develop new habits that will help you to feel better about your self and your body.
- Consult with your doctor, and an expert nutritionist, to develop a plan for reaching your ideal healthy body weight.
- Choose from a variety of enjoyable foods to eat. This is not a crash diet. You will eat all kinds of foods, including fruits, vegetables, legumes, and whole grains. Many of your meals are going to be prepared by your own personal chef.
- Exercise at least three times a week. Exercise is going to become something you look forward to. You will have a certified personal trainer to help you, and your Ph.D. level therapist will also accompany you to your exercise events.
This is just a short list of things we will practice every day for the next perhaps 2, 6, or 12 months. You are not bound by a time limit with Thrive Weight Loss. Your team will stand with you however long it takes for you to achieve your weight loss goals. We are present to help you until you have developed the healthy habits that will give you A NEW LIFE.
you ready to get started? We are looking forward to talking with you.
Call Thrive Boston at 617-395-5806, and let’s talk.
When Should You Start?
Some people feel they should lose 10 or 20 “easy” pounds before starting a weight loss program. This is not necessary. We want to help you where you are today. The truth is, the first 10 or 20 pounds are not the easy pounds. Often, they are the hardest to lose.
Start the program now, and build a foundation for new body, and a new level of emotional and physical health.
Call Thrive Boston. We are looking forward to talking with you. You can reach us at 617-395-5806.Social Bookmark